Instead of cherries, you may use pineapples, pears, apricots; whatever to your own liking.
3 cm x 24 cm sponge or butter cake base.
A 28 cm cake base would also do and preferably it should not be more than 3 cm. thick.
1 or 2 tbsp cherry jam/jelly.
400 ml (2 tubs) whipping cream
400 gm (2 tubs) joghurt 3.5% fat
2 tbsp sugar
2 tsp vanilla essence
1 bottle (375 gm) sweet cherries (w/o stones)
Jelly powder for 250ml liquid
1. Spread cherry jam over the top of cake base.
2. Drain cherries with a sieve. Collect liquid/juice which should be about 250ml.
3. Add sugar, vanilla essence and stiffener to cream and whisk till stiff. Do not overdo or else you will have butter and butter milk :-)
4. Drain water from joghurt if there is any. Some joghurt are creamy and some are like curds.
If curds, stir to break up lumps.
5. Gently fold joghurt to whipped cream with a whisk till well mixed.
6. Place metal ring around cake base. Tighten so that the ring is hugging the cake snugly.
9. Warm up cherry liquid and add jelly powder. Soon as the jelly dissolves, pour
jelly over the top of cake.
let the jelly set.