It has been raining 'cats and dogs' on otherwise warm and sunny days. Which means mushroom weather as mushrooms do well in warm dampnes. Will have to wait another 3 warm days then it's mushroom hunting time.
Meanwhile, I have bought some oyster mushrooms. This is another of my all-time favourite dishes. Very quick to prepare and perfect to be served with steamed rice.
Oyster Mushrooms with sugar peas & red bell pepper
- 300gm oyster mushrooms (clean and cut into bite size )
- 1 red bell pepper, diced/cubed
- 200gm snow peas, rinse and pick ends
- 1 pip garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce or oyster sauce
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 2-3 tbsp oil for frying
- Heat the oil in a preheated wok or shallow pan on medium-high.
- When the oil is hot, add the minced chopped garlic.
- Stir-fry briefly until it is aromatic, then add the snow peas and red pepper.
- Stir-fry briefly, then add mushroom.
- Then flavour with soya sauce and sugar.
- Stir until all well combined. Remove and serve.
Note: Total stir-frying time for this dish about 2 minutes.