Monday, August 20, 2012
Easy Fish Curry (sour)
You don't need hours to throw together a tasty 'authentic' fish curry ...and with minimal ingredients ! This curry tastes so delectable you will not believe it is so simple and fast - ready in 20 minutes despite the fish filets were frozen.
It is also a healthy one-pot dish with vegetables of your choice - I used cauliflower.
2 onions (coarse chopped/sliced)
2-3 cloves garlic (peeled and chopped)
A handful cauliflower florets
3-4 pcs fish filet (frozen)
3-4 tomatoes (quartered)
1 heap tablespoon Garam Masala
Sugar and salt
1 heap tablespoon Tamarind pulp (dissolved in 200ml water)
1. Heat 3 tbsp oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add onions, fry till soft.
2. Add the masala, stir for 2-3 minutes until you smell the aroma of spices.
3. Add the tomatoes, garlic, cauliflower and then tamarind juice, cook for 5 minutes at high heat.
4. Reduce heat down to medium, place frozen fish filets on top, cover and simmer another 5-8 minutes.
5. Continue simmering and add salt and sugar to your taste. A little lemon juice if you like it more sour.
6. Spoon the fish curry into a serving bowl. Sprinkle/garnish with coriander or mint leaves.
7. Serve with rice, naan bread or chapati. Enjoy !
Note: Fish filet is generally added almost at end of the cooking process so it doesn't fall apart in the pan.