Believe me, once you've tried it, you're hooked !
- Square baking pan (20 x 25 x 5 cm) lined with paper
- 1 kg apples (eg. Boskop, Jonagold)
- Peel, core and cut each apple into 8 pieces
- Sprinkle with lemon juice to prevent browning 50 g sugar (more or less, to individual taste)
- 200 g sour cream (Schmand)
- 200 g whipping cream (Schlagsahne)
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- Zest from 1 lemon
- 1 pinch of salt
"1-2-3" sweet crust pastry:
- (100 g sugar, 200 g butter/margarine, 300 g flour + 1 egg)
- Set oven at 180° C.
- Line pan with 1-2-3 sweet crust pastry.
- Place apple wedges evenly over pastry/pan.
- Blend sugar, sour cream, whipping cream, cornflour, lemon zest and salt together in a bowl.
- First, place pan onto ovengrid and then carefully pour sugar/cream/egg mixture over the apples.
- Bake 30-40 minutes.