Translate (Bitte diese Google-"Übersetzungen" mit Vorsicht genießen!)

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Broccoli with spicy Indonesian chilipaste

Lately, I was very busy and did not have time to
make my own paste to replenish my stock on homemade  'sambals'. 

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sambal
My local asian shop had some 'new products'
on the shelf and I picked a bottle of sambal.

 
I have a few crowns  of broccoli left from the cooking course and before they start to degenerate to 'blonde crowns', I decided to cook them for lunch.

Rather sick of eating meat so it's a vegetarian lunch.









You need  :

Some brocolli, cleaned and blanched in hot water.
1 onion, chopped
1 tbsp of 'sambal' paste
1 tsp of sugar
Fish sauce/soy sauce to taste 











Method  :

Add 1 tbsp of oil in hot pan.   
Add onions and stir-fry till it starts to brown.
Add broccoli, turn into the browned onions.
(from this stage onwards, the cooking process
will take less than 5 minutes.)
Stir in sambal paste with  1 tsp of sugar.
Add fish sauce or light soy sauce to taste 
Add 1/2 cup water for some juicy goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment